For this recipe, it’s important that the broccoli & cauliflower be cut into small pieces—no more than 1 inch in height.
- 1½ cups uncooked brown rice
- ½ teaspoon salt + ¼ teaspoon of salt, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil + 1 teaspoon olive oil, divided
- ½ head broccoli, cut into small florets
- ½ head cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- sesame seeds (optional)
- Bring 3 cups of water to a boil with ½ tsp salt. Stir in rice. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes.
- Place a sauté pan over medium heat. Add one tablespoon of olive oil and sauté broccoli and cauliflower for a few minutes, add ¼ teaspoon salt and add 2-3 tablespoons water and cover until tender crisp. Remove from skillet.
- To the same skillet, add one teaspoon olive oil and sauté scallions and combine with the vegetable mixture. Scramble eggs and return broccoli-cauliflower mixture to pan. Stir in cooked scallions, rice, soy sauce, salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve.
Serves 8-10 as side dish
Preparation time: 40 minutes