1.) 1.5 cups Quinoa
2.) 1 Pepper, diced
3.) 3/4 cup Tomato, diced
4.) 1/3 medium Onion, diced
5.) 3 cloves Garlic, diced
6.) 2-3 leaves Kale, torn into small pieces
7.) 3/4 cups Walnuts or other nuts/seeds, chopped
8.) 1/2 cup crumbled Feta cheese
9.) 4-5 Shiitake mushrooms, chopped
10.) Olive oil, drizzled to taste
11.) Salt & pepper, to taste
- Rinse quinoa until water runs clear.
- Combine 3 cups of water with the quinoa and bring to a boil.
- Turn down to a simmer, cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until quinoa pops open and is soft in texture.
- While quinoa is cooking, begin prepping remaining ingredients
- Combine peppers, tomatoes, onion, garlic, kale, walnuts, feta cheese, mushrooms, olive oil, and salt & pepper in large bowl, and mix well.
- When quinoa is finished cooking drain any extra water, put quinoa into a separate bowl and let cool.
- Once quinoa is cooled down sufficiently, add to mixture and mix well.
- Serve chilled for a lovely summer salad!
Yields 6-10 servings